Some Thoughts and a GREAT Announcer

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm in the process of revamping my 1st Round Mock....it should be up around 5 or so. There are so many different possibilities that it's driving me nuts. But here are a few thoughts while I gear up for the Live-Blogging:

  • If Minnesota passes on Foye they are nuts. We already know that Atlanta has lost their collective drafting minds, but the TWolves are up next if they botch this. Everyone questions Rudy Gay's work ethic, and if you pair him with Garnett??? I don't want to see how that pans out. Jaric is an awful PG, and they've been needing a fill in ever since that disaterous Cassell deal.
  • I have yet to weigh in on the Isiah Thomas thing because I don't have anything to add to the fray.....until now. I would like to place a small wager on Zeke lasting more than a year. Everyone forgets that everyone on that team HATED playing for Larry Brown. There was a different starting lineup everyday, and rookies rarely got good minutes. Thomas was the one who brought this team together, so if anything they know he has faith in them. He's been dying to revamp the offense into a Suns'esque Run-and-Gun, and as Jay Bilas says, "I've never met an NBA player who said he doesn't like to play in that kind of system." This should equate to a few more wins then last year, and Dolan will see progress.

I'm not always SO negative that I can't see/hear good announcing/commentating. During the NBA Draft Preview Show last night (Starring: Dan Patrick, Greg Anthony, Jay Bilas, Stevie A. Smith) Greg Anthony started crazy-talking, and Dan Patrick was there to knock him down a peg. When discussing Marcus Williams and his problems with the law (he stole laptops while at UConn) Mark Jackson threw out this gem (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"Well you've gotta have computers....You're in college."- Greg Anthony

"Well he didn't have to steal them."- Dan Patrick

"He was on scholarship, so they should have provided him with computers."- GA

"Come on Greg.....we didn't all go to UNLV."- DP

Oh snap.....Dan Patrick comes with the quickness! Back in a few.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:29 PM

3 Comments:

Well this is a somewhat interesting dilemma. Would we rather have TNT or ESPN doing this draft. I actually think in this rare case we might prefer ESPN. ESPN has a Jay Bilas and Andy Katz, who are experts in college basketball. TNT doesn't exactly have that. I am somewhat curious if Charles Barkley could handle doing an entire draft.

SAMO said...
Jun 28, 2006, 4:10:00 PM  

Ha....I would prefer TNT just for the sheer comedy of the night. It's much better when you have idiots doing it than people who actually make sense.

Jun 28, 2006, 4:13:00 PM  

DP wit da quickness - sweet call!

Unknown said...
Jun 28, 2006, 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment