Vick's Lawyer Unaware Of The Difference Between Baseball and Football

Friday, July 27, 2007



I was listening to Vick Attorney Billy Martin give his client's statement yesterday, and there is no way in hell Michael Vick wrote that statement for him to read. Martin started the following statement by stating that this statement was "in his (Vick's) words".......

"I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges seriously and look forward to clearing my name. I respectfully ask you all to hold your judgment until all the facts are shown. Above all, I'm sorry my mom has to go through this most trying time and the pain it has caused my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them today at the beginning of spring training. There is nowhere in the world I'd rather be today than in camp with my team."
What's the one thing wrong with that statement? I'm sure a Football player would call Training Camp, Spring Training. Umm....Billy...It's almost August! This guy may be 1231 and 2 in trials, but I'd fire his ass if he didn't know the difference between the two.

Here's the video....



I love how he has to reaffirm that Vick's been playing his whole life. Doesn't seemed ad-libbed to me at all.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:06 AM

17 Comments:

Yeah, I heard that too and thought "What the hell? Did he just say spring training?"

And I think Vick hired him just to give more press to The Bronx is Burning

tecmo said...
Jul 27, 2007, 9:55:00 AM  

I think it's sad that when I heard that, I immediately thought "AA is going to be all over that."

GMoney said...
Jul 27, 2007, 10:13:00 AM  

That is horrible. Seriously, that's like calling the ump in baseball "the ref." What an assbag.

Anonymous said...
Jul 27, 2007, 10:29:00 AM  

LOL this reminds me of bobby bowden. he constantly refers to spring practice as "spring training."

Anonymous said...
Jul 27, 2007, 10:31:00 AM  

Where is the vid of Vick at a nightclub or something and being asked a question...

What was the word he didn't know...can't remember what it was...can't find it on the youtubes.

Vick hired this guy because Vick is illiterate.

E Buzz said...
Jul 27, 2007, 11:12:00 AM  

With any luck, he may be able to get in just after pitchers and catchers report.

Ray said...
Jul 27, 2007, 11:12:00 AM  

HW...

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/05/michael-vick-seems-very-remorseful.html

Jul 27, 2007, 11:13:00 AM  

LINK

Let's try that again.

Jul 27, 2007, 11:14:00 AM  

Anon, at least when Bobby B. calls it spring training it's actually taking place IN THE SPRING!

J Rose said...
Jul 27, 2007, 12:09:00 PM  

Seriously, did anyone actually SEE the press conference. The "Spring Training" reference came from Vick's lawyer, not Vick himself. Up to that point, Vick's lawyer was reading Vick's prepared statement. After that, when the lawyer said "Spring Training", the lawyer was ad-libbing on his own.

Check out this post: http://ps201blog.typepad.com/mickey_mantles_liver/2007/07/john-kincade-is.html for a better explanation.

Watch the video again....

CommonSense said...
Jul 27, 2007, 12:48:00 PM  

Dude...didn't I make that clear in the first paragraph?

Jul 27, 2007, 12:52:00 PM  

And no way was that an ad-lib...he's reading off the sheet until the very end. I'll try to get the video up for everyone to give their own opinion.

Jul 27, 2007, 12:57:00 PM  

no he isn't. Look at it again. He is reading, reading, reading, then Billy Martin looks up and starts talking about how Vick wants to get to "spring training" and how Vick has played football his entire life.

Billy Martin made the gaffe, not Vick. Doesn't take much to figure that out.

CommonSense said...
Jul 27, 2007, 2:33:00 PM  

Shouldn't come as any surprise, I'm sure Billy Martin was drunk when he said it.

Anonymous said...
Jul 27, 2007, 2:36:00 PM  

Just watch, Martin is reading the statement, and then looks up and continues talking and never returns to the prepared statement. That is when Martin, not Vick, referred to training camp as "Spring Training".

Which is ironic that a guy named Billy Martin made a gaffe using the phrase "Spring Training".

CommonSense said...
Jul 27, 2007, 2:37:00 PM  

Commonsense,

The guy reads "I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them at the beginning training", then after finishing the fake release he continues "as you know, Michael..."

Does the lawyer play for the Falcons? No. Obviously he was supposed to be reading a statement by Vick, and obviously that statement was written by the ill-informed lawyer.

Use your commomsense when reviewing the tape.

J Rose said...
Jul 27, 2007, 10:55:00 PM  

Come on, his f'ing name is BILLY MARTIN. Of course it was a baseball reference that snuck its way into the statement.

Also, Jackie Chiles called, and he wants his wardrobe back.

Scrappled said...
Jul 29, 2007, 10:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment