The Baseball Card Movie That Will Seriously Bring On Depression

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I recently started getting back into collecting cards again after getting a box for Christmas, and I can't say how bad of an idea it was to do so. Sure you feel some nostalgia when opening the packs, but the insert cards, autographs, jerseys and random subsets, just make it impossible to keep up with. Well thanks to the Big League Stew, we now have a look into the life of a collector nowadays.

Joe Rock runs the Baseball Card Dugout in Brooklyn, and Director Casimir Nozkowski decided to make a mini movie about the business....



The part that got me, was not the over-the-top prices, but rather the simple phrase of "it's not for kids anymore" that was said about five times in a ten second span. If you'll excuse me, I have to go cry while laying on top of my complete set of 1992 Fleer Ultra Rookie Sensations.

Oh pretty little Juan Guzman...your borders are so blue. And look....it's Scott Leius. And there's O's sensation Chito Martinez. Sigh.

The Baseball Card Movie (Big League Stew)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 3:05 PM

11 Comments:

I'll raise you Scott Leius with 5 Kevin Maas Rated Rookies.

GMoney said...
May 14, 2009, 4:10:00 PM  

I remember when I got my first Charles Dickens mini.

May 14, 2009, 5:45:00 PM  

Want to lose a ton of money? eTopps. Holy crap that was a brilliant scam!

testing thing said...
May 14, 2009, 5:52:00 PM  

I will stick with my Expos cards. Not because I expect to make money, but because they always take me back to my youth.

Michael said...
May 14, 2009, 7:58:00 PM  

My Brien Taylor laughs at all of you.

Pickitup said...
May 14, 2009, 10:29:00 PM  

insert "card" in there somewhere.

the beer apologizes for the error, but we all know it isnt sincere.

Pickitup said...
May 14, 2009, 10:30:00 PM  

I was a sucker to those card packages filled with fake Mickey Mantle autographs and Brooks Kieschnick rookies on the Shop At Home Network. If I see Don West in the street, I'm gonna kick his ass.

MINIMUM RETAIL VALUE $1,000!!!!!!! ONLY $99.95! GET ON DEM PHONE LINES!!!!

May 15, 2009, 12:55:00 AM  

Baseball Cards weren't for kids in 1993.

Andrew said...
May 15, 2009, 8:16:00 AM  

I'll see your Brien Taylor and raise you a David Neid

May 15, 2009, 12:17:00 PM  

Coming soon to MLBTV: Real Guidos of Baseball Card collecting.

BOOM TOM BRADY!

May 15, 2009, 12:37:00 PM  

I see your Brien Taylor and David Nied cards and raise you a Todd Van Poppel.

I enjoyed the little movie. I used to be HUGE into cards in my youth and still once in awhile when I'm at Target can't resist and buy a pack or two.

JD said...
May 17, 2009, 7:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment